Participants Group Photo
The ENERGY_AGRO-FOOD International Conference kicked off on Thursday 19th June 2014.
The conference was organized by the Department of Environmental and Biosystems Engineering (CAE) in conjunction with the Department of Food science, Nutrition and Technology (CAVS).
The conference was officially opened by the Principal, College of Architecture and Engineering.
Principal CAE addresses the participants
Dean, SoE addresses the participants
Eng. Dr. Ayub Gitau takes the participants through the programme
The Energy-Agro-Food action aim
The overall aim of the action is to strengthen innovation and raise sustainability in the energy– agriculture sectors in East Africa through the improvement of human resources. Accordingly the specific objective of the action is to increase the capacity of local universities to supply innovative programmes on the two thematic fields of Energy and Agro-food at postgraduate and Lifelong Learning levels. Further, the action will merge in improving the academic staff scientific competences and networking capacities and training experts with higher standard qualification in the energy and agro-food sector
The Energy-Agro-Food action is composed of consortium from:
- University of Nairobi (Kenya),
- Sokoine University of Agriculture (Tanzania),
- Addis Ababa University (Ethiopia),
- Mekelle (Ethiopia),
- University of Bologna (Italy),
- University D’Auvergne (France) and
- University of Pavia (Italy)
The Energy-Agro-Food action is a bilateral collaboration between European and East-African Universities to design and develop an educational program that matches the current and expected professional requirements in the field of Energy and Agro-Food Systems.
Energy – Agro-Food First Mid-Term Project Meeting.
During the Conference the Midterm evaluation of the project was done.
Quality Assurance Board evaluate the quality of the project during the midterm meeting.
The aim of this evaluation was to:
- Check the Financial Reporting before the second budget installment;
- Check the Timesheet / simulate Timesheet compilation (bilateral meetings);
- Evaluate the project implementation, monitor the correctness of financial reporting, and discuss budget-related issues (plenary session).
|Conference Programme.pdf||169.77 KB|