The Nairobi Innovation Week 2022 theme is “Innovation for Transformation and Impact in the society.”
The objective of the NIW is to contribute towards a vibrant, productive and sustainable innovation ecosystem through policy influence, showcasing innovation, research dissemination, networking, capacity building, connecting start-ups and innovators to industry.
Duration and Venue
Date: April 26 to 28, 2022
Duration: 3 days
Venue: Great Court, Main Campus, University of Nairobi
The innovations will be guided by the Big-Four agenda and crosscutting innovations as indicated below:
- Manufacturing- This category focusses on innovations in any aspect of the manufacturing sector from carrying out manufacturing activities to providing support to manufacturing enterprises
- Food Security- Innovations in agricultural value-chain. These could especially focus on improved production, climate smart farming, post-harvest losses, access to cheaper inputs, better storage facilities, and so on.
- Affordable Housing- Innovations include but not limited to affordable housing, sustainable housing technologies, and financing models of ownership among others.
- Health- Innovations in software applications in health management, health care products, health services among others.
- Cross-Cutting- Innovations that do not belong in any of the above categories, but are cross-cutting in that they support the Big-Four agenda. These could include innovations around FinTech, transport, the environment, energy among others.
- Log in to post comments